Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Week 5: Before & After Letters in Illustrator

Before
After
Craft: The tools I used to accomplish these two images would be Adobe Illustrator. For the most part I only used the pen tool, with its many options such as the add + and delete - anchor tool. I also used the direct selection tool to stretch out the curves in both the images. I integrated the rulers so that I got the same cap height, baseline and x-height amongst all the letters so that everything was consistent.

Composition: The composition was arranged so that everything basically fit on one image. The letters were resized in order for this to be accomplished.

Concept: What I was trying to achieve from this assignment would be consistency amongst basic letters that were created with the pen tool in Illustrator in the before image and in the after image I was trying to achieve letters that were modified from the before image that still possessed the consistency that was achieved from the other letters but with a twist to them using lines that intersect parts of the letters. 



No comments:

Post a Comment