Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Week 4: Lettering in Illustrator







Craft: The program I used to create the letters would be Illustrator. Within Illustrator, I used the pen tool and the rulers to create the shape of the letters. The rulers helped because I set up a cap height, x-height and baseline in order to create letters that were the same height. 

Composition: I arranged the letters so that they fit on the landscape composition that we were assigned to use. I wanted the letters to fit on the canvas without having to resize each letter that was already made.

Concept: What I was trying to achieve from this lettering project would be creating the letters in the alphabet that don't have any curves in them. We learned how to use the pen tool in class but only up to a certain point for this assignment. We were just using straight and slanted lines to create the letters and therefore, the entire alphabet isn't created just yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment