Monday, April 10, 2017

Week 13: Complete Deck of Cards + Box Design

























Back of Cards
Box Design

Craft: For craft, I used Adobe Illustrator to create these illustrations. Within Illustrator, I used the pen tool, ellipse tool and the color palette tool. I also used Illustrator to create the box design for my cards. Since I have 56 cards total, I needed to create a design for a bigger box and not just a typical poker deck card box. I used a template from Make Playing Cards in order to create the perfect size box for my cards. I used Illustrator to configure all my drawings and uploaded them to Make Playing Cards. The website basically did the rest and will print and send me out the cards in about one to two weeks! 

Composition: For composition I chose to have my illustrations aligned in the middle because to me that is most appealing and easier for the viewer. Putting the illustrations in the middle allows the viewer to see all the detail I've put into the cards. 

Concept: The concept of these illustrations would have to be we needed to create our final deck of cards in order to upload them to Make Playing Cards in time to receive them before our last day of class. We needed to create a box design for class as well but we did not have to order it. I chose not to order my box design because it wasn't your typical deck of cards box and it was an additional $17. I think at a later time, I will just create my own box from wood in order to store the cards. For now I just have a white open flap box to store them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment